Mental Health and Physical Wellbeing
Inspire Motion Dance Consortium
Location: North Hertfordshire, Stevenage, East Hertfordshire, Broxbourne, Hertsmere, Watford, Dacorum, St Albans and surrounding areas, Three Rivers, Welwyn Hatfield, Luton, Central Bedfordshire, Bedford
Start date: January 2023
End date: December 2025
Suitable for categories: Adults, Formal Education Settings, Health and Wellbeing Settings
The Consortium aims to represent any dance artist working in Bedfordshire or Hertfordshire who work with participants. This includes those working with Community Dance groups, Commercial dance schools, and all dance styles with all client groups. It is also open to creative and social/civic organisations who aim to deliver dance as part of their offer, this includes organisations who deliver dance for wellbeing.
The Consortium will increase participation in dance and movement activities, by people living in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. By establishing a strong and inclusive network of dance facilitators we will open up opportunities to access dance; for both the community and facilitators. This will forge equality in dance and movement and will help to create a healthier and more connected Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire; whose communities will appreciate the value of dance.
The Dance Consortium is a megaphone across the two counties of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, increasing the visibility of dance and movement, and maximising creative potential in those counties. By bringing together practitioners from across the dance and movement spectrum, to work collaboratively, the Dance Consortium increases the accessibility of dance and movement opportunities for the communities it serves.
- Open: working together with mutual respect for different voices, sharing ownership towards a common goal
- Accessible, Inclusive, Equitable: All are welcome. We strive to engage in best practice and standards in ensuring all who want to have a voice are able to
- Generous: providing mutual support and responsive in sharing practice, experience, and ideas
Identifying, supporting, and advocating for experiences that are of high quality and have impact
The Dance Consortium has identified the following four goals:
- Visibility: To increase the public’s positive perception of dance by increasing their knowledge of opportunities, its benefits and how to take part
- Pathways: To increase opportunities for people to find ways into dance and stay in dance, whether as participants, young people, emerging or established artists
- Representation: To ensure that best practice in Equality, Diversity, Inclusion is embedded across all work, including developing a shared language around Community Dance
- Network: To increase practice sharing, CPD, partnership development and partnership projects
Consortium is managed by local artists with support from BEEE Creative. If you would like more information about joining the consortium please contact us.
Link to email: email@example.com
Current Funder: Arts Council England