#TAGJune 9, 2021
Improvising Generations 2018June 9, 2021
ARCHIVE: Dance Re:Ignite 2.0
(December 2018 –April 2020)
Dance Re:Ignite 2.0 was the second iteration of the Dance Re:Ignite project that took place in 2017. It aimed to develop dance practice and infrastructure for 55+ year olds in Hertfordshire. It was driven by the evidence from the 2017 project of the positive impact shared collaborative dance engagement has on peoples’ lives and that contributing to an artistic product increases confidence, self-esteem and pride. There were eight strands of work that interlinked to support the project’s overall aim: Commissioned work, Tour and Workshops, Dance Festival, Film, Practitioner Training, Practitioner Network, Internship.
Commissions: Moving Memory Dance Theatre and Casson and Friends.
*Dacorum Borough Council Community Grant Awards 2020 –Winner for Volunteering
“I feel full of beans! I could have gone on and on. Happier, stronger. It was the inner feeling as much as the physical."
- Develop skills in local practitioners and participants
- Increase feelings of wellbeing in participants through creative collaboration
- Test and explore barriers to engagement
- Foster new and develop existing partnerships
- The infrastructure for dance practice and dance opportunities for older people in Hertfordshire was developed and continues to progress.
- New audiences were reached through the ON TOUR strand via performances at Sheltered Housing and new community and cultural venues.
- The high number of attendees, at the Festival days demonstrate there is a desire for this kind of opportunity in the county.
- The increase in social connections, mental and physical wellbeing were greater than anticipated.
- Participants and practitioners all identified new skills learned or developed.
- An emerging Dance Practitioners’ Network has been established, with potential for growth
A full evaluation report is available for this project
Louise White –On Tour Lead
Laura Horn –On Tour Lead
Danielle Teale–Dance Artist, Training and development
Diane Amans–Dance Artist, Training and development
Green Candle–Dance Artist, Training and development
Tim Casson–Dance Artist, Commission Artist, Casson and Friends
Tom Butterworth –Dance Artist, Commission Artist, Casson and Friends
Moving Memory Dance Theatre–Dance Artist, Commissioned Artists
Filippa Pereira-Stubbs -Dance Artist, Training and development
Herts Sports Partnership, Saracens Sports Foundation, Watford Borough Council, The Old Town Hall (Dacorum Borough Council) Welwyn Hatfield Council, Hertfordshire Music Service/Creative Hertfordshire, Trestle Arts Base, Royston Festival, Creative Royston, Three Rivers District Council, Stevenage Borough Council.
Arts Council England, Watford Borough Council and Dacorum Borough Council